Position: Head of Investor Relations– Channel Capital Advisors (“Channel”)
Reporting to: Chief Investment Officer
Hours of work Full-time
Location: Mix of home & office based
Channel Capital are looking for a Head of Investor Relations that wants to work as a part of a high performing team, treat their colleagues well and have fun whilst consistently delivering. We are looking for an individual who is committed to both their own and our long-term improvement and want to be the best at what they do.
Established in 2006, Channel Capital Advisors LLP has built a technology enabled business finance engine that has funded more than $9billion in working capital across 33 countries. We are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), with a pristine regulatory and compliance track record which is valued by our stakeholders including clients, the credit insurance community, service providers and investors.
Our investment products include digital data-driven lending, trade finance funds and working capital securitisations.. Our trusted and dedicated teams negotiate, structure and provide full-life transaction management and monitoring of the assets in the portfolios.
We are committed to pursuing best practises in environmental, social and governance (ESG) management and to facilitating sustainable finance for businesses across the globe.
The purpose of the role is to ensuring the company is appropriately and strategically positioned with investors, their advisors, and all stakeholders.
- Develop and manage the company’s strategy for investor relations across all our products
- Carefully manage relationships outside the company in the investor community
- Source and cultivate investments in Channel’s products from investors globally
- Negotiate and structure product terms with investors as appropriate, collaborating with colleagues as necessary
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders including clients, investors, legal counsel, and other service providers to ensure deals are completed in an efficient and timely manner
- Undertake investor aftercare as necessary to maintain and improve relationships and identify additional opportunities
- Provide regular and timely updates, both verbally and /or in writing on the progress of transactions, new business and progress on KPIs , escalating issues as they arise
- Maintain and regularly update Channel’s CRM system to accurately record transactions details, progress, and development activities
- Prepare and maintain appropriate investor presentation decks and DDQ documents
- Work collaboratively with colleagues across the firm to execute transactions, find new business opportunities and assist in developing Channel’s business
- Provide training and mentorship to less experienced team members as required
- Undertake other tasks or projects as required and requested by the reporting manager or other members of senior management.
- Develop investor confidence and belief in the company’s vision and strategy for delivering
- Create and manage a strong reputation by demonstrating consistent and clear communication between internal and external parties
- Provide insights on market activity and present them to the leadership team
- Work with legal counsel and Compliance to ensure compliance on regulatory matters
- Help grow the business by being proactive and professional with all stakeholders
- To be an ambassador for our company at all times.
KPI’s will be established on at least an annual basis and documented separately. Performance against KPI’s and other role requirements will be undertaken and regular intervals.
Key Attributes and Skills
- Proven experience dealing with investors and a strong track record of creating positive relations with the investor community
- Track record of having raised capital for similar investment funds or a related activity
- Strong understanding of securities laws and other relevant regulations in UK, EU, and USA
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the capital markets, as well as a thorough understanding of key metrics for similar companies in the industry
- Familiarity with financial investment, structuring and modelling techniques used by investors
- A passion for technology and its applications in investment processes
- A strong understanding of macroeconomics, capital markets trends, competitor activities, industry dynamics, and customer trends
- A professional who is also entrepreneurial, and has a client-minded focus
- Able to perform in a high-pressure environment, and to meet tight deadlines
- Has superb written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to draft engaging and impactful messages for inspiring employees and investors
- Have the right to work in the UK (essential)
Experience and Education
- A Bachelor’s degree
- An MBA or other certification would be an asset
- Proficiency in languages would be an asset
At Channel, we are looking for a talented Investor Relations professional with passion, determination and integrity. Even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description, please apply.